Employees’ Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 is social security legislation for the future benefit of employees & their dependents; in case of unfortunate incidents occurring in the future. Every establishment which is a factory engaged in any industry in which 20 or more person is employed EPF Registration is mandatory.
EPF Registration has to be done within One month from the date of reaching 20 employees. Any delay in EPF Registration may result in a penalty. Those establishments which do not have the prescribed number of employees but willing to register themselves to provide the benefits of Provident Fund to their employees can register voluntarily with the Regional Provident Fund Office.
This is also helpful to all newly started sole proprietorship firms as a proof of registration for their business while opening a Bank Account of firm.
Documents Required for EPF Registration
• Statement showing Employee Strength from Date of Starting the Business with Date of Joining(Employee strength month wise since the date of incorporation)
• Premises Proof of the company (Preferably electricity Bill and Rent agreement both)
• List of employee (name, fathers name, date of birth, date of joining, salary)
• Affidavit of director for applicability date
• Power of attorney in the name of advocate
• Copy of two work orders
• 1st Sales Bill / Service Bill, Any proof of Trial Product / Work order
• Lease Deed / Rental Agreement
• Copy of Board Resolution
• Copy of P&L and Balance Sheet last 3 years.
• Certificate of Incorporation
• Partnership Deed / MOA and AOA
• Performa of Coverage
• Copy of Telephone Bills / EB Bills
• Demand Draft for contribution collected
• Sales Tax / Service Tax / Shops & Establishment Act Registration certificates (if any)
• Pan Card of Company
• Bank Statement of Company
• Cancelled Cheque of the company
• List of Directors
• Form 5A
• Address Proof and ID Proof of Directors
• Registered in Contracts Act – Copy of Registration Certificate
• Form 13 performance of coverage.
All employers having 20 or more employees are required to be registered with Employees Provident Fund. Ishtar Traders and Consultants LLP can help file EPF Registration for your business. Our EPF experts can also help you compute EPF payments and maintain EPF regulation compliance for your business.
Use Reminded to know more about your due dates for EPF return filing due date and EPF payment due date.