FCRA ANNUAL RETURN FILLING
The organizations signed up under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act need to keep separate accounts incurred under the FC head and send a return in the recommended format to the Ministry together with the audited statement of accounts of the previous year. Every organisation which receives foreign contributions is required to furnish a certificate from a chartered accountant. The certificate to be given by the chartered accountant is provided in Form FC-6. Along with this certificate, audited Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure statement and the statement of receipt and payment account should also be submitted along with Declaration and authentication signed by Chief Functionary.
The return is to be filed for every financial year (1st April to 31st March) within a period of nine months from the closure of the year i.e. by 31st December each year. Submission of a ‘Nil’ return, even if there is no receipt/utilization of foreign contribution during the year, is mandatory. The return is to be submitted, in prescribed Form FC – 6, duly accompanied with the balance sheet and statement of receipt and payment, which is certified by a Chartered Accountant. On the basis of the relevant books and vouchers, the chartered accountant is required to certify the following:
• The brought forward balance of the foreign contribution at the beginning of the year.
• The foreign contribution received during the year
• The unutilized balance of foreign contribution at the end of the year
• Certify that the association has maintained the account of foreign contribution and records relating thereto in the manner specified in the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
• The information furnished in the certificate and in the enclosed balance sheet , income & expenditure statement and statement of receipt and payment are correct.